Junior Comp and Species Comp

Last year we had a few enthusiastic youngsters join some boats to fish. This year we are doing the same thing, fish anytime as often as you like throughout August, juniors who are not members there is a £5.00 joining fee to include a good bag with some bits and pieces supplied by Andy at PSA, prizes for biggest specimen %, numbers of species and a trophy for the overall winner. Some tackle prizes to be won, and hopefully a Pizza party at Cobbs late August, early September for all juniors that enter.

PLEASE lets have some write ups and photos when you do get out.

Also in a months time we have our annual Species Competition on the 27th-28th July i will add a reminder nearer the time, lets hope this better summer weather continues.

Tight Lines Jerry

• 1 month later...

Ok, this 2024 weather is really not kind, especially if your taking youngsters or people who are nervous of the sea and its rock'n'roll.

However Monday and Tuesday i foolishly invited 3 ankle biter relations to visit the boat and hopefully wet a line, everything was within the harbour with up to 25mph forecast. First stop the Cockle cleaning station and a few tiny Bass but no Red Mullet but plenty of weed. The wind swung round so a move to escape the wind and weed was a good shout.

First drop all three had a Gilthead, all under a pound but a great result, followed by more of the same and lots of schoolies.

Nothing to write home about but they all enjoyed there day and want to come again, OMG what have i done!!!!!!

Great to see smiling faces and new life experiences, nothing to put forward towards the Junior Comp but i now owe Brian £20.00. Hopefully the weather might improve in the next couple of weeks for some juniors to be taken out, but i am not holding my breath. Hopefully some pictures to follow though i think Oli has changed something so Jim is called for.