Species Comp July 27th 28th next weekend!!

12 minutes ago, jerry.shutter said:

Next weekend is the Species Comp. Please add your boat name and crew below. It might be the kiss of death but the weather is looking good!!

Loobie 1V   JS, Stuie, AN other Saturday

Boat or individual angler Jerry?

Unfortunately I took my boat out of the water about a month ago to trailer it over to Cobbs for its engine service. My van broke down on route back to Ridge Wharfe so the boat is still sitting on the trailer, the van is STILL in the garage and for some reason I thought the 27th was NEXT weekend! 

Dont worry Graham, our next competiton is the Specimen Comp on 17th and 18th August, i am afraid i doubled booked myself this weekend and didnt realise that the new BBQ  date had clashed, so put back a trip up North by a day to enter the Comp, as organiser felt i should!! and have now missed both. Probably an age thing. I look forward to seeing hopefully some entries on the Species Comp.

Dont forget the Junior Comp is on throughout August.

Tight lines Jerry

I had not realised that the comp was off until chatting to friends at the BBQ.

We had bait on order and a great forecast so decided to fish anyway.

Pressure was off so we intended to have a look at a few usual spots.

Started well with a few nice plaice close to the beach

Plus some tiny bream and smoothies.

Moving out to the patch. Landed bream, ballen wrasse and even a small undulate on the light gear.

Another move to another spot found some better bream and another wrasse species.

Lovely day enjoying the fishing and warm 🌞 

Shame that the comp was off. But at least that stopped us having to chase small congers and dogfish. Lol