Kingfisher’s Saturday trip in an Easterly

Kingfisher 126

Had a trip out Saturday as the Easterly was low enough to give it a try as the rest of the week looks a write off. 
Eldest son James asked if his father in law Tim could join us so off we went. Comment as we went under the bridge never been sick on a boat ever from Tim 🫣, his daughter suffers from travel sickness if she isn’t driving and Lenny my Grandson has been seasick both times he’s been out, 🤷
Anyway, cracking morning and no wind at all until off Old Harry and then not too bad.

Plan was some bassing then anchor over the slack etc, I decided I would try for some fresh Maccy’s while the others went for bass. 
Well the bass came quicker than the mackerel again after several drifts producing fish every drift but nothing for me! 
Then James and Tim managed to tangle on the way down and I got hit at last, only problem was it was bass on the feathers all of them and the Dexter lure. 
I got them up and James managed to get three into the net the biggest on the Dexter snapped off in the commotion but the others were all keepers so can’t complain. 
By now Tim had started to ground bait for us which really wasn’t working because of the tide. 🤷🤮 so we now know what side of the family the motion sickness comes from.
We carried on until the tide backed off and dropped the anchor for a bit of fun.

Still no fresh mackerel but had squid, frozen mac etc, we had congers, some lovely bream and again a screamer run off but as soon as pressure put on the line the leader cut through 6-7 from the hook, thresher tail maybe? 
By then the small showers were getting heavier so we decided a couple of bass drifts on the way back and call it a day.

It started blowing abit and the rain heavier we had a drift and called it a day as we were drenched through. 
It never stopped all the way in, bumped into Martin B on the pontoon who kindly bought us a pint, a coffee and shower should have been what we needed, but what a gent. 👍👏

Boat didn’t need a wash down after the last couple of days!! 😂

When James got home Lenny had drawn a picture of his dad and both of his grandads out fishing together.

32398b7d-827c-49fa-afd7-968af06f7809.thumb.jpeg.d4fc781c5d8d2e1fb9ca0e38e575bc7e.jpeg