Easterly winds

Tarlach.

Hello all,

It's been a while since I popped in. Not been popping anywhere to do with boats and fishing much this year. But, out tomorrow with a free pass for all day. So I'm thinking of heading your way. But how are conditions usually in the Poole patch with ENE winds of around 12-15mph? I don't want to come all that way only to pass the Needles and find it's too lumpy.

Any opinions welcomed!

Cheers

Neil

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Neil

Coming this way you will be with the conditions and should be ok, fishing should be ok also

12-15mph in your boat should be fine but going home you will be against the elements.

It shouldn't be stupidly rough but will be dependant on whether the tide will be against the wind going home.

Hi Neil

Coming this way you will be with the conditions and should be ok, fishing should be ok also
12-15mph in your boat should be fine but going home you will be against the elements.
It shouldn't be stupidly rough but will be dependant on whether the tide will be against the wind going home.

Thanks Martin. Sounds like it'll be ok then!

Neil it's your call, don't go putting it on me but that's just the way I read it.

Take care and stay safe 

Martin

Don't worry Martin I won't publicly blame you if it all goes wrong !!!!

(Much!).

Hi Neil,

Good to hear from you again. I hope you are well.

I was only thinking that I haven't seen you for a while the other night at the meeting. How are you and how is Leo?  Has he still got the fishing bug or has the technology taken over yet??

Did you manage to get to Cape Verde?

Cheers,

Greg

Hi Neil,

Good to hear from you again. I hope you are well.

I was only thinking that I haven't seen you for a while the other night at the meeting. How are you and how is Leo?  Has he still got the fishing bug or has the technology taken over yet??

Did you manage to get to Cape Verde?

Cheers,

Greg

Hi Greg,
Hope your well. Life has kinda got in the way with Leo having guitar lessons on Tuesdays so been unable to make meetings, but he has now changed teachers and days so we hope to be able to make a couple more in the future. We are both well, and yes Leo is still fishing as long as it's not too early a start. Cape Verde never happened, we opted for tuna fishing in Wales instead, which typically got blown off, as did a trip to Cornwall for them too.
Look forward to a catch up as soon as we can make it down!

So, we never made it down to your patch. We decided to stop off at a mark on the way to you to try for an hour which turned into two hours because of the fun we were having. Then it was a bit too late, and turned into a good call as the tide changed so did the sea state. No cod, but we did have plenty of eels, hounds, and a bucket full of mackerel and scad !
Thanks all for the advice !

Hi Neil

Good to hear you are both well and that Leo is still into his fishing.

My son Brad (lucky Devil) was been handed down two Electric Guitars and Amps by his Nan. He is now looking to take up lessons too.

Look forward to catching up soon.

Greg

Hi Neil

Good to read you are about again.

Sounds like a good trip nearer to home.

Sorry to hear that your BFT trips did not work out, maybe you ought to try again, the charters are doing really well down West.

So far we have tried three times and all blanks.

Regards

Charlie

Hi Neil
Good to read you are about again.

Sounds like a good trip nearer to home.

Sorry to hear that your BFT trips did not work out, maybe you ought to try again, the charters are doing really well down West.
So far we have tried three times and all blanks.

Regards
Charlie

Oh dear mate that's dissapointing! If you fancy Milford Haven I can put you in touch with an excellent skipper who does real well on BFT and shark!

Hi Neil

Good to hear you are both well and that Leo is still into his fishing.

My son Brad (lucky Devil) was been handed down two Electric Guitars and Amps by his Nan. He is now looking to take up lessons too.

Look forward to catching up soon.

Greg

Lucky, what did he get gifted?

17 minutes ago, Tarlach. said:

Oh dear mate that's dissapointing! If you fancy Milford Haven I can put you in touch with an excellent skipper who does real well on BFT and shark!

Thanks Neil

If I was going Charter fishing I would definitely be going West. Steve Porter has already topped 100 to his boat in just 16 trips this season.

Dave and I are trying hard to catch our own on Alfresco, in an area with so far, very few fish.

Thanks Neil
If I was going Charter fishing I would definitely be going West. Steve Porter has already topped 100 to his boat in just 16 trips this season.

Dave and I are trying hard to catch our own on Alfresco, in an area with so far, very few fish.

Well just incase..

https://www.odysseyseaadventures.com/?fbclid=PAZXh0bgNhZW0CMTEAAaZMb9N3fra8hxeadvdDQPL0HtAIp2SSBZWw_hGZPoSgNUsUKlV7S5Qen-E_aem_TK4VQTc2dNGHOYWtcYc78g

On 9/8/2024 at 8:45 AM, Tarlach. said:

So, we never made it down to your patch. We decided to stop off at a mark on the way to you to try for an hour which turned into two hours because of the fun we were having. Then it was a bit too late, and turned into a good call as the tide changed so did the sea state. No cod, but we did have plenty of eels, hounds, and a bucket full of mackerel and scad !
Thanks all for the advice ! emoji1303.png

Neil, I see you use Tapatalk, how is that as an experience, most tell me not good on a small screen

Neil, I see you use Tapatalk, how is that as an experience, most tell me not good on a small screen

Mal, I have never had an issue with it myself. It's very convenient.

I wonder if when I see you next you might do a demo or perhaps a small demo after a meeting.

I'm happy to show you Mal, but to be honest there is nothing much to demo.

Do you think it is widely used, is it a forum that we can expand on in any way? Compared to other media forums.

I'm not sure if it's like FB or insta, think it's just a different format app for smart phone use over pc. There are loads of forums on it, but I don't think it's something you can promote yourself on.