Jump to content

Adam F

Club Members
  • Posts

    6,187
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    58

Everything posted by Adam F

  1. Good shout to delay the departure until later today / tomorrow - blowing hard this morning. Be advised that local reports suggest a big lack of bait in the channel and over in Alderney so take plenty. Have a good trip!
  2. I've made the call to postpone with JV this time around. Not really seeing a decent window other than Sat Pm and Sunday, which isn't enough for me to get bashed around and sit on Alderney waiting for a window or fishing close in out of the wind. I'd rather wait for a full 4 day trip when the wind allows better access. Good luck and stay safe to those who are going over, I'll await the reports! JV looking either to do 2 days in Portland, or possibly a local day Shambles or wrecking on Sunday.
  3. As it stands it's only Friday standing out as the windy day. Bloody work! It's been calm all week, and looks calm all next week, all apart from Fri. I'll take a look in the morning and make a call. Hate it when it's borderline like this.
  4. You boys must be looking at another forecast? Guru and Finder not looking at all nice for Fri? I will speak to my crew tonight with a view to making a call in the morning, but I would be wanting better weather than I'm seeing to commit.
  5. What's happened to the forecast! Someone mentioned the W word.... No back to looking iffy 😢
  6. Adam F

    Scuba

    Lots of options. DDS - Dorset Diving Services in Poole is the local shop, Been running for years, very BSAC orientated. Pop in they will link you to a few clubs if that's what you want. A handful of decent boats run from Poole which you can book on individually: Beowolf, Rocket, Sha-King. Swanage is very active. Shop on the pier is Divers Down. they run 3 boats on a shuttle off the pier to local wrecks and reefs. Ditto Weymouth and Portland, lots to choose from.
  7. JV crew thinking of somewhere between 6-7am
  8. First rule of Alderney..... Never talk about the weather!
  9. Nice to hear Charlie, I was feeling pretty guilty for the last minute call last night when I woke to a sunny calm morning. All on for the 22nd then.
  10. Great effort guys, that's some effort involved and fair play for the win!
  11. Apologies to anyone who had made plans. Clearly the weather was fine for the boats but it was the drone I was more concerned about, being expensive and not mine! Had a text from Alun fishing off Milford who said it was pretty breezy so the pier can pic is a bit misleading. Let's try the 22nd May? Yes it's the bream comp but means plenty of boats will be out.
  12. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  13. On the basis that we have 4 or 5 boats now not able to make it and a couple unsure, with a very borderline forecast that gives gusts in excess of Jims max flying speed and the fact we haven't agreed a firm start time, I suggesting we postpone and go for another try in 2 weeks. To make this work we need plenty of boats and decent conditions. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  14. The slightly later start would suit me, I haven't been able to get the boat launched tonight so will have to get it launched in the morning, plus I'll have both kids. If it's 7.30 I may miss the drone battery length, not something I want to do if I've driven and hour and got the kids out of bed at 6.30.
  15. I've been out this morning and it was glorious. However back in now and really windy! Charlie is out on Alfresco as are a number of other club boats so they should be able to report back later on conditions.
  16. The waves aren't an issue, and conditions for the boats are more than safe enough, my concern is dragging a dozen or more club skippers and boats out early on a Sunday morning only to find the gusting wind is too much and we have to abort.
  17. That won't drop the wind though will it rob? At the height Jim will fly at it will be constant? Plus 10 knot speed limit makes filming very restricted?
  18. Looking at the forecast and considering Jim is the one flying a grands worth of kit around, I suggest he makes the call Fri / Sat? At 15mph max we will need a nice calm day?
  19. Don't expect to find a good one on your doorstep! I've done many miles looking, buying and transporting boats over the years, sadly they ain't like cars, and to get a decent one you often have to travel.
  20. 2011 return leg home was nice and sunny! The wind however was 3-4 occasionally 5 Westerly, Steve Porter gave us the nod some 10 miles off that conditions were ok so we went for it..... It was mainly 5 on the port beam all the way home..... As Charlie said not unsafe for our boats but uncomfortable and slower.... I couldn't make a cuppa on the way back, which was some 5 hours from memory!
  21. I won't have enough water to get out until 7.30/8am so will get round ASAP. Where are we agreeing to rendezvous?
  22. Also not sure it's the best area to film, the wind isn't too big so if it holds it should be fine, although Jim will make the final call I guess.
  23. Plus we all like a bit of boat porn! Even if it does have rags and sticks!
  24. Pics please Mike, as good as your descriptions are, all I can imagine is a gro box with lots of bits of batten and rope in! A pic tells a thousand words as they say!
  25. Madness Tigerfish Reel Magic Alfresco Sweet Chariot Kingfisher Joint Venture
×
×
  • Create New...